Sour Patch Kids Margarita
A cocktail inspired by Sour Patch Kids, before they added the gross blue ones.
Sour Patch Kids!!! Seriously, who doesn't love Sour Patch Kids? This thing is crazy tasty. And crazy boozey to boot. I created it on a whim after devouring half a bag of the candy, and it was so delicious I practically chugged it.
The salted rim is obviously a matter of preference. If you don't like salted margaritas, you can certainly leave it out. You could also blend it with ice or serve it on the rocks, if that's your jam. Either way it's positively thirst quenching and takes you back to the good ol' days when eating half a bag of sour gummy candy in one sitting wasn't considered a bad thing.
- 2 oz 100% agave tequila (blanco or reposado)
- 1 oz raspberry liqueur
- 1 oz elderflower liqueur
- 1 oz orange juice
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Moisten the rim of a chilled margarita glass with a lime wedge. Dip rim into salt. Set aside.
- Fill mixing glass with ice.
- Pour in all ingredients.
- Shake mixture vigorously until shaking can frosts over.
- Strain mixture into prepared margarita glass.
- Garnish with lemon and lime wedges.