Pumpkin Season means pumpkin everything, including booze! Pumpkin martinis have gotten more and more popular over the years, with many different styles of the drink being introduced. This pumpkin martini recipe creates a dessert cocktail.
I always use real pumpkin and vanilla flavored vodka in my pumpkin pie martini. There are pumpkin pie flavored liqueurs and vodkas that you can buy, but personally, I prefer the flavor of the real thing. The addition of fresh cranberries gives the flavor profile a nice tartness to balance the sweet and spicy notes from the other ingredients. This recipe also includes RumChata, a sweet, spiced, cream liqueur. Since the RumChata is already spiced with cinnamon, you can still achieve that classic pumpkin pie flavor with less added spices. Adding excessive ground spices to a cocktail can result in a chalky texture, which isn't really what you want.
This pumpkin martini is thick and frothy, and downright delicious! Makes me wish pumpkin season was year-round...
- 8-10 fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch pumpkin pie spice
- 1.5 tbs canned pumpkin
- 1.5 oz vanilla vodka
- .75 oz vanilla liqueur
- 1.5 oz Rumchata
- 1.5 oz milk
- Prepare martini glass by wetting the rim and then dipping in cinnamon sugar.
- In a mixing glass, muddle cranberries with spices and brown sugar.
- Add pumpkin and stir to combine.
- Add ice to mixing glass and all liquid ingredients.
- Shake mixture vigorously until shaking can frosts over.
- Discard ice water from martini glass.
- Double strain mixture into prepared martini glass.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries.