In Mexico, the classic Paloma cocktail recipe is tequila and grapefruit flavored soda, poured over ice and served with a lime wedge. Over the past few years, the cocktail has gained popularity in the US and other countries, and of course, with the increased popularity comes many different variations.
I put my own twist on this delicious beverage by adding fresh pomegranate juice and Pama Liqueur. The result is an incredibly refreshing and tasty cocktail that will leave you smacking your lips, and ready for another one.
- 1.5 oz 100% agave tequila blanco
- .75 oz pomegranate liqueur
- .75 oz fresh pomegranate juice
- 3 oz grapefruit juice
- Club soda
- Prepare rocks glass by filling with cracked ice.
- Fill mixing glass with ice.
- Pour in all ingredients except for the club soda.
- Shake mixture vigorously until shaking can frosts over.
- Strain mixture into prepared rocks glass.
- Top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with grapefruit twist and pomegranate seeds.