Ginger Lemon Berry Martini
This wonderful, thirst quenching cocktail was inspired by a cheesecake. But don't worry, it doesn't taste like a cheesecake! I was just itching to get a taste of all the flavors I had combined in my cheesecake recipe, but I couldn't wait long enough for the thing to finish baking. Plus I had some extra lemon juice to use up, which is honestly all the convincing I need to pull out that cocktail shaker.
This turned out so delicious I immediately made a second one upon finishing the first. I was, you know, recipe testing… or something like that.
- 1.5 oz ginger infused vodka*
- .75 oz lemon juice
- .75 oz ginger liqueur
- .75 oz raspberry liqueur
- .75 oz simple syrup
- Lemon sugar for rim
* Make your own ginger infused vodka by pouring plain vodka over a few tablespoons of peeled and diced ginger root. Let the vodka infuse for 2 or 3 weeks in a dark cabinet, giving the jar a quick shake every few days. Strain the vodka into a clean bottle and get mixing! The more ginger you use in your infusion, the spicier the vodka will be. I typically use about 3 tablespoons of ginger for each cup of vodka.
- Prepare a chilled martini glass by wetting the rim with lemon juice, and then dipping it in a mixture of lemon zest and sugar.
- Add all other ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake vigorously until shaking can frosts over.
- Strain into prepared martini glass.