This autumnal libation was created by my father, who currently resides in Florida. I think he may have been missing the crisp fall air of the great northeast. Or perhaps he was just feeling particularly festive. Either way, it's quite delicious, and a great answer to the oft-asked question: "What do I do with maple flavored whiskey?" (A query I used to hear a lot of in my days of working in a liquor store.)
- 2 oz maple flavored whiskey, such as Crown Royal Maple, or Cabin Fever Maple Whiskey
- 2-4 oz fresh apple cider
- Club soda
- Cinnamon sugar
- Prepare a rocks or highball glass by wetting the rim with apple cider, and then dipping in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Pour whiskey and cider into glass and stir.
- Top with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with an apple wedge.