Cilantro Lime Margarita
I love cilantro. I love its unique flavor, and the fact that it's crazy good for you. If you also love cilantro, and are among the population of people who don't think it tastes like pennies, then you absolutely must muddle some leaves into your next margarita!
- 2.5 oz 100% agave tequila blanco
- 10-15 cilantro leaves
- 2 lime wedges
- .75 oz lime juice
- .75 oz simple syrup
- Moisten the rim of a chilled margarita glass with a lime wedge. Dip rim into coarse salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing glass, muddle cilantro & lime wedges.
- Fill mixing glass with ice.
- Pour in tequila, lime juice & simple syrup.
- Shake mixture vigorously until shaking can frosts over.
- Discard ice water from margarita glass.
- Double strain** mixture into chilled margarita glass.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedge.
** I recommend double straining any and all muddled cocktails. The purpose of muddling is to release all of the flavors from the leaves and/or fruits, and by doing so, it produces lots of small bits that an ordinary cocktail strainer won't always catch on its own. Double straining will help to remove those bits and give your finished drinks a much cleaner and more attractive appearance.
You can easily double strain your cocktails in one smooth step. Place the cocktail strainer on top of your mixing glass. Use one hand to pour the drink, and with the other hand, hold a small sieve over the cocktail glass. This will catch most of the pulverized leaves and fruit pulp, and the attention to detail will impress your guests and customers.